There are many tools online to check your website ranking and your ranking for each page of your site. This is important to know. Some of the more popular tools include Serplab and Whatsmyserp. There are many others also. There is controversy on how accurate these types of tools are. I want to tell you how to check your website ranking on Google free, easy, and accurate.
If you just want to check a keyword quickly, here is an easy way to do it. You may think just type your website into Google search and see where your website is. However, Google knows it is you who is searching and the results will not be accurate. They will show you that you are page 1 when in fact you are not.
To remedy this, open an incognito window. In Chrome, click on the 3 lines in the upper right-hand corner.
Then click on “Incognito Mode”.
Now you are incognito Mode in Chrome. Just type your website URL into the address window.
This is a great easy way to check one or two keywords. However, today I want to tell you how to check your website ranking on Google with Google Search Console. It is very easy and you will end up getting the most accurate results. You can check each keyword and each URL of your website pages.
Google Site Rank Checker – Search Console
There are many sites and tools you can use to check your website ranking. Just perform a search and they will be many. However, with Google as long as you have Google Analytics set up on your site you can check your ranking for free and it will be much more accurate. After all, it’s Google themselves.
Google provides their own online rank checker free. Google is the master when it comes to search engines. It is important to know where your website ranks on Google and it is not hard to find out where your pages of your website rank. All you have to do is know the steps to take.
Google Search Console and & Webmasters are the same
- Go to Google Search Console and sign in or just click on the button that says SEARCH CONSOLE. If you don’t have an account, you can create one.
- Click on your website URL that you want to check. This brings up your dashboard where you can see your website.
- Click on “Search Traffic” then Search Analytics. At this point, it will show Queries.
- Click on “position”. At this point, you will see the position of your keywords you have used in your posts.
- To check the position of your pages click “pages”. Here you will see the actual position of your pages.
That is really all there is to find how your website is ranking on Google!
Here are some pictures to help step by step.
- Go to google.com/webmasters. Click on the green “Search Console” box.
2. Click on the green box (SEARCH CONSOLE) or click sign in and then pick Analytics.
3. Your website URL’s will be listed. To begin checking Google ranking, click on the URL (website) you want to check.
4. The dashboard then comes up. It looks like this. Click Search Traffic then Search Analytics.
5. You will see Search Analytics and it will be set on Queries at this point.
6. Click on Position. At this point, you can scroll down and see the ranking position of the keywords you have used in your post or article.
7. To check the ranking position of your pages click pages. Here you will see the ranking position of your post pages.
Once you find the ranking position of your pages, you can go a step further and use that information to find new keywords to rank for. To find new keywords to write about, let’s go……..
Mining Keywords Inside of Search Analytics
In order for this to work, you must have some traffic statistics. If your site is new and you do not have traffic yet then this won’t work. Here is how you find some awesome new keywords.
To find the keywords for a particular page follow these steps:
- Change Queries to pages.
- Click on the page URL.
- Click back on Queries.
At this point, all the keywords that you are ranking for that page will be listed. Just scroll down to see them.
To Find New Keywords:
- Once you are into Search Analytics, Check Mark all options: Clicks, Impressions, CTR, and Position.
- Then click on PAGES. This shows all your URL’s
- Click on a URL result.
- Go back to Queries. You will see the keywords ranked for that page.
- Look for the most IMPRESSIONS. (How many times site has been in SER (Search Engine Results) for that keyword.
- Click on the column to bring most impressions to top of results. (The columns are portable).
- Look for keywords that have high impressions but low clicks. You have found a keyword.
- Write a new post with this keyword that you found.
After you have written the new post, if you link back to the older post you will help that older post!
Another really cool thing you can do is……….
View Google Search Console inside Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a great tool where you can create reports to analyze the traffic coming to your website. This helps you understand your customer and hopefully create a better experience for them.
You can view your Google Search Console in Analytics. Here is how to set it up.
- Go to Google.com/analytics. Sign in (upper right-hand corner).
- Click on ADMIN. ( Lower left-hand side)
- In the Property column, click on Property Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on ADJUST SEARCH CONSOLE.
- A popup will show.
- Click Edit
- Pick same URL (your website) then click SAVE.
Google Analytics can now use this data in some of the reporting inside Analytics. At the home screen in Analytics, click acquisition then search console. Here you can click on landing pages, Countries, Devices, and Queries.
Clicking Landing pages will bring up Impressions, Clicks, CTR, Average position and more. Clicking on Countries will show you which countries your traffic is coming from. Click Devices and you will see which devices like desktop or cellphone were used. Then if you click Queries, you will see the queries used.
That’s how to check your website ranking on Google. What do you think? Have you tried checking your ranking on Google Search Console?
I like to hear from readers so please let me know if this post helped you or if you have any questions.
To get your own website with complete training check out my No. 1 Recommendation. You can start with a free account. Just click the green link below.
Before you go, add your email to the box below to be the first to read new posts.